Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year, Here's to a better year in 2009.

Hi All,
I have had a marvelous day off today. I made veggie ham soup in my crockpot and my favorite bbq chicken/potato casserole. I took a nice nap. I have stitched quite a bit on my current cross stitch project which is a circle of snowmen and snowwomen that I will make into a wreath. I'd like to hang it this month, so I'm hoping to finish it soon. I only have 1.5 snowmen left! I have watched 3 episodes of the first season "Friday Night Lights" on Netflix. I have read about 100 pages of a Jodi Picoult novel. It is the first book by Jodi Picoult that I have read and I am REALLY liking it. It is called "Vanishing Acts" and each chapter is written in a different character's voice. Very compelling.


As for FNL, I had heard good things about it but never watched it so was glad to see it on the Netflix Watch Instantly menu. I really like it, even though I hated high school, there is nothing I like better than a high school football drama.

Miles has been sleeping all day. He went to an all night teen party at a local megachurch and came home tired and cranky. It is currently 5pm and he just stumbled out of his bedroom and grumped and moaned and then went back to bed. He's mad because his dad didn't come pick him up. His dad called me this morning and I said I expected him to sleep all day, so his dad said he'd see him tomorrow...can't say that I see what the big deal is.

I'm hoping that the new year brings new and exciting things my way. 2008 wasn't a great year for me. The manufacturer of my clothing line going bankrupt in June really put a hole in my year and in my bank balance. It has been a struggle to make ends meet since then and working a retail job in addition to my day job just didn't work for me, I need my sleep and two jobs just doesn't allow enough time for me.

So, in the new year, I am hoping to:
  • find a better paying job, hopefully closer to home.
  • lose the rest of this 30 pounds that has been dogging me for the last 3 years (5 down, 25 to go)
  • cook more and brown bag lunch more
  • dig myself back out of the financial hole I am in
  • see more of my friends
  • go to more museums
  • write more
I thank all of you for being my friends. I hope all of you have a wonderful year!

No comments:

Post a Comment