Monday, January 19, 2009

It has been a musical weekend.

Sheldon and I went Swing Dancing on Friday. There is a swing dance with a live swing band every Friday night at a ballroom in a local hotel. This is one of my favorite forms of exercise but unfortunately it is not one of Sheldon's. He was a good sport and went with me just this once. He did enjoy the band and liked the fact that I was having such a good time. I won't make him go again, although he assures me I can go whenever I want and dance my little heart out, as long as I come home to him. I actually did dance with 5 or 6 other guys who were great dancers and were throwing me all over the floor. I had a great time and I'm sure I worked off a lot of calories. If I start going every Friday or every other Friday I will kick my weight loss up a notch AND have fun!

Last night we went to the Birchmere to see Eddie from Ohio. Sheldon loves this group and was really looking forward to the show. I love any show at the Birchmere so although I had never heard any of their music I was pumped. I did enjoy the EfO show, but even better, we were both introduced to a new group that we both loved. They were three young girls from New York named Red Molly and they were marvelous. They had beautiful harmonies and one song that they sang a capella was enough to give us goosebumps. It was called "May I Suggest". Sheldon bought the CD and we even got the girls to sign it. They are coming back to the area to play at Jammin' Java next month and we are hoping to see them again!

This was our third concert in a month! We saw OAR and the Bacon Brothers before xmas. We both love live music and luckily this area is a goldmine!

No comments:

Post a Comment