Monday, January 5, 2009

Museums

I got a message from one of my Facebook friends yesterday that there was an Ansel Adams/Georgia O'Keefe exhibit at the Smithsonian and yesterday was the last day. I had already planned on going downtown with Miles on Saturday but he had weaseled his way out of it. I used to be able to strong arm him into going to museums with me but it is getting tougher and tougher! I called Sheldon who was supposed to be doing schoolwork to see if he wanted to go with me instead. It turned out he was just leaving a coffee date with a new "friend" and he jumped at the chance since Ansel Adams is one of his favorites. Since I knew he was already dressed for a date, and we had had a recent conversation about my less-than-sexy wardrobe, I dressed up as well. It actually felt like a DATE! It was nice.

I'm finally going to see the Mary Cassatt exhibit at the Women in the Arts Museum tomorrow on my lunch break! Getting to meet a new friend of my own...unfortunately I already know that he is gay, so no luck there...

No comments:

Post a Comment