Thursday, January 22, 2009

Pleasantville



I love this movie. Have you seen it? I went to see it in the theatre when it first came out. It was not what I was expecting at all, I was surprised and pleased by what it turned out to be. I had expected some sort of mistaken identity/screwball comedy. Instead I found a beautiful allegory on humanity, freedom, racism, sexuality and etc. I rented it for Sheldon to see last week and he and I watched it over the weekend. Today I have been watching it again with the director's commentary turned on. It was written and directed by Gary Ross who also directed Dave and Big, two other movies I really enjoyed. I really, really love this movie. If you haven't seen it, by all means rent it asap, if you have seen it I can recommend rewatching it.

No comments:

Post a Comment