Sunday, January 4, 2009

Things that make me feel smart...

This week I broke down and got my TiVo reconfigured.  It turns out that it will work without a cable box, so I still have the savings of the basic cable package, but now I can watch what I want when I want again!  This is fabulous news because the one show I kept missing was CBS Sunday Morning.  I am sitting here watching it now and I just realized that the reason I love it so much is because it makes me feel smarter.  This thought led me to the realization that there are three things I come in contact with that make me feel smart.  The second thing is Vanity Fair Magazine.  I love this magazine.  I have been a subscriber for more than 10 years and I have read every issue in all those years.  I haven't read every story in every issue, but every issue has made me just a little bit smarter.  I love it so much that I can't bear to throw it away and instead pass it around a circle of my friends and my sister so that we all get to feel a little smarter and a little more cultured.  The third thing?  Sheldon.  I know this thought will make him laugh, but it is true.  He is a very smart man and he is always questioning things and questioning me.  His sharp intellect is like a whetstone sharpening my blade...just being in his presence makes me want to be better.  There is a Proverb in the Bible that I used recently as my quote of the day.  Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

(If you'd like to be on my quote list send a request!)

No comments:

Post a Comment