Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Romantic Movies

I was reading Big Mama's archives today and she had a Valentine's day entry about her favorite romantic movies. She didn't list several of my favorites so I started my list and then I started reading everyone else's comments to the blog and my list got longer and longer and longer. After I wrote all this up as a comment for her, I decided to go ahead and make it an entry here as well! :) These are in no particular order...

1. Ever After
Went to see this with a girlfriend years ago while our husbands watched all the kiddos and football. Near the end when the prince was marrying the wrong girl we were both holding our breath. I turned to her and said "WHY are we holding our breath? It is Cinderella we KNOW how it ends!!!!


2. P.S. I love you
Saw this just recently and absolutely adored it. Denny from Grey's Anatomy is in it! What the husband does to comfort his wife after his death is just amazing.


3. Notting Hill
love the scene at the end when they are reading in the park and she is pregnant. Sigh.


4. 4 Weddings and a Funeral
don't know why...just like it...


5. Steel Magnolias
an all time favorite. "Mama, I'd rather have 30 minutes of wonderful than a lifetime of nothing special."


6. Say Anything
John Cusack and Peter Gabriel, need I say more?


7. City of Angels
Oh Lord, as a library girl, the angels in the library always makes me tingle.


8. Shopgirl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OMG, If you have not seen this movie, go. rent. it. now!!!! Steve Martin and Claire Danes. So sweet.


9. Dirty Dancing
Say it with me..NOBODY PUTS BABY IN A CORNER
.

10. Sliding Doors
what a great little movie. Love that guy...scottish accents just slay me.


11. Lakehouse - loved it

12. On Golden Pond
I don't think anyone else mentioned this one, but the love between Mr. Fonda and Ms. Hepburn was palpable.

No comments:

Post a Comment