Wednesday, May 13, 2009

ESP if you don't get it, you don't get it.

I found a tick at the crease of my knee this morning in the shower. Do I even need to tell you how grossed out I was? The weird part was that yesterday when I was walking on my lunch break in DC, I brushed under a tree in an effort to get out of someone's way and I thought at the time "I bet that tick is so happy that I happened by." I even brushed my hand through my hair to knock the imaginary tick away...and I must have knocked him down but not off.

Sheldon thinks that all psychic phenomina is total bunk, but I have had to much happen in my life to discount the reality of ESP. I have "seen" the future and the past in my life, but only in tiny glimpses. I sometimes wish I had stronger powers, but my friend Wren who has the ability to read peoples thoughts, sometimes wishes she didn't, so I will stick to the level I have.

Twice in my life I have had an overwhelming feeling of dread and of knowing that something bad was going to happen. The first time I was almost hit by a train, the second time my sister-in-law was killed in a horrible car crash. After the first incident I began paying more attention to my inner voice, but it wasn't until the second incident that I trusted the voice without question. The X believed in my abilities after that as well. All I had to say was that I had a bad feeling about a trip or a road and we would turn around and go home or take a different route.

I'll have to tell you the story of the train someday, it was a good one!

1 comment:

  1. I always love your blog.

    Love you, Sheldon

    ps. Did you see that one coming?

    ReplyDelete