Sunday, December 21, 2008

Meet Sheldon

So since I introduced JJ and how we met, I thought I'd explain my relationship with Sheldon as well.  Sheldon is a high school math teacher who I met last March on Match.com.  We started talking online at the beginning of March but didn't meet in person until March 31st.  He was very slow and cautious at the beginning but something kept me hanging in there.  He would write me one email a day.  No matter how many questions I asked, or how many times I gave him my phone number he just ignored my enthusiasm and took his time.  It turned out that I was the first person he dated since his marriage had broken up two years before, so of course his reticence was completely understandable.

Our first date was a lunch on a Sunday afternoon.  It was fun and flirty  and neither of us ever ran out of things to say.  At the end when he walked me outside, he asked me out on a second date and opened his arms for a hug.  I was smitten.  Within a couple of weeks we traveled to NYC together to see "Spring Awakening" on Broadway for my birthday.  We had a marvelous time and learned that we make fabulous travel companions.  Since then we have taken several weekend trips and one-day road trips together and we always enjoy each other's company immensely.  

In May we went to Willamsburg together and he was saying wonderful things to me like "you are the love of my life" and I got REAL stupid!  Instead of just soaking it all in, I decided to be a martyr and send him back out into the dating world.  I didn't want him to miss out on playing the field.  He had been with his ex-wife for 20 years and I was the very next person he met.  Now, I kick myself daily.  We have remained friends, we still see each other, we still talk most every day.  I love his kids and they love me, I have met his brother, his co-workers, his ex-wife and next week I'm going to Boston with him to meet his father and sister and her family.  He is my best friend in the world, I love him dearly, I would love for this relationship to go back to the romance we started in March.  He's not there anymore though.

No comments:

Post a Comment