Sunday, December 21, 2008

JJ is such a Sweetheart

Hi All,
I had a lovely visit with JJ yesterday morning.  He is such a sweet sweet man.  He has talked me off a ledge more often than any fwb should.  You haven't heard me mention JJ before so I thought I'd introduce him.  I met him in August of '07 when he placed the most marvelous ad on Craigslist.  He was living in NYC at the time but was coming to the DC area for a wedding.  The ad was lighthearted and funny.  He was looking for a "Cinderella" to accompany him to the ball.  He stated that the invitation included a visit at a spa, a new dress from the local mall and designer shoes to cap off the outfit.  Every girl's fantasy, right?!  I was booked for that weekend but I immediately wrote to him and said that I couldn't attend the wedding but when he was done with Cinderella he could call me Sleeping Beauty!  Well, he immediately wrote me back and we emailed and IMed for the next 3 or 4 days.  That conversation started on a Sunday and that Thursday he actually flew from NYC down to DC to meet me in person and then flew back 3 hours later because he had an early morning meeting!  What a way to sweep a girl off her feet, huh?!   We struck up a friendship that has long outlasted the Cinderella that he took to that wedding!  He is one of my biggest cheerleaders and although he chooses not to be in a relationship with me or anyone else until his kids are grown, it hasn't stopped us from creating a really strong bond.

Oh and just to be clear, Sheldon knows about JJ and JJ, of course, knows about Sheldon.  I don't lie about any of this to anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment