Thursday, February 26, 2009

Fountains of Wayne



Sheldon and I went to see Fountains of Wayne at the Birchmere last week. I really didn't know what to expect as the only song I had ever heard of theirs was Stacy's Mom. Sheldon had actually bought 2 tickets for himself and his son Jack, I went over to the venue when I got off work because it is open seating and an early slot allows a much better chance at a good seat. I was only planning on getting their line number and then waiting for them to show up but listening to the people in line around me I decided to try for a ticket myself. The concert was sold out, but the Birchmere releases any seats that the band doesn't use at 5pm on the day of the show. As it turned out the woman behind me in line had an extra ticket when one of her friends didn't show, so I got a seat no problem. The show was really good. Sheldon had already bought the new album so he loaned it to me the next day. I have listened to it a LOT already. The video above is one of my favorites. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment