Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I was born...

So where do I start? What do you want to know? Everyone has a story. I was born a poor black child...no wait, that was Steve Martin in "The Jerk". I was born and my family was poor but we were white. I was born in 1965 in Roanoke Virginia to two college students making their way in the world, in the 60's. My brother was born in 1970 and my sister didn't come along til 1980. We tease my Mom about how she had one each decade. People used to say that my sister must have been an accident but Mom would always cock her head to the side and say "Well, the truth is they were ALL accidents." So there you have it, I was an accident...but I don't think any of us would change that now. Today I am 43, divorced, mother of a 14 year old son who is the apple of my eye. I have a 6 year old miniature poodle who adores the very air I breathe, and a small condo that suits me perfectly. I live in the suburbs of Washington, DC and work just 4 blocks from the White House. I'm pretty sure you'll be learning a lot more about me in the days to come. It has been a long strange trip and everyone has a story.

1 comment: