Monday, April 5, 2010

No Need

One of the many things that Perry has said to me hit me as such a deep truth. I have been mulling it over for weeks now and the more I think on it, the more true it seems to be. I'm paraphrasing and I know I won't do his words justice, but it was something akin to:

When you start a new relationship you should not start from a place of need, but rather from a place of completeness. Then your two complete souls can circle and dance and be together, but not be needy or clingy towards each other.

With that in mind, I no longer intend to search for men on match.com or craigslist or any other dating sites. Searching in that way denotes need, I have no need.

I have always believed that everything happens for a reason and that people come into your life and leave your life exactly when you need them too. At this moment I have lots of wonderful people in my life. I have no need of anything.

1 comment:

  1. Good attitude, Sarah! And good advice from Perry too. It sounds so very cliche' but love really does find you when you quit looking. Boy, could I tell you some stories! Maybe sometime when J isn't around. I've been down that road you're walkin' now. It WILL get better!

    ReplyDelete