Sunday, April 4, 2010

Hello Again!

Hello Friends,
I am back. Sorry I was gone so long, several of you have chastised me recently for not posting and I really don't have any excuse except for the old "if you don't have anything nice to say..." adage that my Mama pounded into my head as a youngster.

The good news is that I'm back. The reason I'm writing today when I haven't written for so many other days is that I watched "Julie and Julia" this morning and it reminded me how much I enjoyed writing, although I have NO intention of tackling THAT feat!

Let's see, you need to get caught up on my doings:
  1. Left Sheldon in December, but remained friends.
  2. Moved back into my Mama's house where I grew up.
  3. Signed up for a class that I thought I would LOVE.
  4. Hated professor but loved subject so attempted to stick with it.
  5. Dropped class before committing harikari or murder, but still read all the books, cause I really did like the subject matter.
  6. Met someone new who we shall call Perry.
  7. Gave up snow for Lent after suffering through several freak snowstorms.
  8. Had my heart almost broken by said Perry.
  9. Read a very large pile of marvelous books, with only a couple duds. (Join Goodreads to keep up with my reading list.)
  10. Slowly moved crap out of my childhood bedroom and moved my stuff in.
  11. Began hanging out with Sheldon again, a lot.
  12. Registered for Summer school.
  13. Decided that living with Sheldon was NOT an option, but after many conversations and compromises, being his girlfriend might not be so bad after all.
  14. Bought tickets to see the Eagles, Dixie Chicks, Keith Urban, James Taylor, Carole King, and Fiddler on the Roof with Harvey Fierstein.
  15. Started exercising and actually losing weight! Down 9 pounds!!!!
  16. Started teaching Myles how to drive
  17. Reconnected with an old high school friend who we shall call Joseph. Not Joe, Joseph.
  18. Was responsible for Myles's first car accident while trying to teach him how to drive a manual transmission.
  19. Was reminded in a very sharp, stinging way why Sheldon and I cannot be in a romantic relationship.
  20. Ate Easter breakfast and dinner outdoors on the front porch because the weather in Virginia is absolutely perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment