I am back. Sorry I was gone so long, several of you have chastised me recently for not posting and I really don't have any excuse except for the old "if you don't have anything nice to say..." adage that my Mama pounded into my head as a youngster.
The good news is that I'm back. The reason I'm writing today when I haven't written for so many other days is that I watched "Julie and Julia" this morning and it reminded me how much I enjoyed writing, although I have NO intention of tackling THAT feat!
Let's see, you need to get caught up on my doings:
- Left Sheldon in December, but remained friends.
- Moved back into my Mama's house where I grew up.
- Signed up for a class that I thought I would LOVE.
- Hated professor but loved subject so attempted to stick with it.
- Dropped class before committing harikari or murder, but still read all the books, cause I really did like the subject matter.
- Met someone new who we shall call Perry.
- Gave up snow for Lent after suffering through several freak snowstorms.
- Had my heart almost broken by said Perry.
- Read a very large pile of marvelous books, with only a couple duds. (Join Goodreads to keep up with my reading list.)
- Slowly moved crap out of my childhood bedroom and moved my stuff in.
- Began hanging out with Sheldon again, a lot.
- Registered for Summer school.
- Decided that living with Sheldon was NOT an option, but after many conversations and compromises, being his girlfriend might not be so bad after all.
- Bought tickets to see the Eagles, Dixie Chicks, Keith Urban, James Taylor, Carole King, and Fiddler on the Roof with Harvey Fierstein.
- Started exercising and actually losing weight! Down 9 pounds!!!!
- Started teaching Myles how to drive
- Reconnected with an old high school friend who we shall call Joseph. Not Joe, Joseph.
- Was responsible for Myles's first car accident while trying to teach him how to drive a manual transmission.
- Was reminded in a very sharp, stinging way why Sheldon and I cannot be in a romantic relationship.
- Ate Easter breakfast and dinner outdoors on the front porch because the weather in Virginia is absolutely perfect.